Simplified, Cost-Effective Remote Office IT Operations with HPE SimpliVity
In our last blog post , we covered how HPE SimpliVity solutions are an ideal fit for VDI initiatives. Here, we’ll look at how HPE SimpliVity hyper converged solutions are also good for Remote Office/Branch Office environments.
Many organizations have a large corporate office and smaller satellite offices which often have few or no on-site IT resources. Managing remote compute and storage resources can be expensive and time consuming. Additionally, the process of backup and restoration can be slow, expensive, and potentially aggravating. Some companies have third parties manage the nightly backups, server administration, and business continuity projects. This can be challenging as well; both from a cost and trust perspective. Backup to tape or file syncing over T1 lines can be very expensive with all the data that flows across the WAN. There is a better alternative!
The HPE SimpliVity 380 hyper converged appliance delivers a very compelling solution for companies looking for cost-effective, easy-to-manage ways to support their remote offices. Remote offices can cost effectively run virtualized environments which are easy to manage from a central location. The benefits of using HPE SimpliVity for remote offices are compelling:
- Significantly reduced and improved RTOs – Data is deduplicated and compressed inline before it travels the WAN making for efficient use of T1 or other communication lines. VMs can be reliably backed up in minutes instead of hours or days.
- Lower TCO, reduced OPEX, and improved availability: Eliminating the use of tape, error-prone file synching, and greater WAN efficiency.
- Redefine compute and storage economics to pay-as-you-grow through a scalable, modular path.
- Increased IT agility: IT personnel can easily de-configure and reconfigure VMs based on needs and resources from a central console.
- Increased Operational Efficiency: Global Unified Management through vCenter simplifies management and enables resources to be rapidly provisioned as needed.
If you have remote or branch offices and are seeking more operationally and cost efficient ways to manage their IT infrastructure and protect their data, you should strongly consider the HPE SimpliVity 380 hyper converged solution.
To learn more about HPE SimpliVity and if it’s right for you, contact us.
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for Hewlett Packard Enterprise products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. Hewlett Packard Enterprise shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
© 2017 Works Computing, Inc.